2018-08-29 / MP3 [25.9MB; 53m 56s]
David, Jen, Mark, Megan, and Stuart present Seldom Sirius. Episode twenty in which dinosaurs go to Mars.
In this episode, we talk about humans living on other worlds. Can we really grow potatoes on Mars? Do we need to import compost? Should we go to other worlds? Does the language we use matter?
- A Twitter thread by astronia/bugatti spaceships on language around "colonization"
- A Twitter thread by Divya M P
- Law and Public Order in Space
- The Mars Trilogy
- The Outer Space Treaty
- Lettuce on the ISS
- The Martian
- Biosphere 2
- Liquid water 'lake' found on Mars
- The Dinosaur Radiolab episode
- Hostile Worlds
- Zond 5 took turtles around the Moon
- Decolonize Mars unconference
- Newsweek article by Meghan Bartels
- Scientific American article by DN Lee
- Planetary Protection at JPL
|Never been to Mars:||Jen Gupta|
|Been to Mars in a Jodcast intro:||David Ault|
|Image:||Comparative proteome analysis of Milnesium tardigradum in early embryonic state versus adults in active and anhydrobiotic state. PLoS ONE 7(9): e45682. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0045682 / CREDIT: Schokraie E, Warnken U, Hotz-Wagenblatt A, Grohme MA, Hengherr S, et al. (2012) PLoS ONE 7(9)|